- Volunteers are recommended to bring drinking water, hand sanitiser and toilet roll with them. Wet wipes are also very useful. All of these items can be bought in Arusha.
- The weather at the School can be surprising; what starts as a chilly and damp day can be hot and sun-drenched by lunchtime, so carry sunscreen with you even if you don't think you'll need it.
- Some volunteers like to bring insect repellent with them, especially if they're susceptible to bites or are choosing not to take anti-malarials. It's usually not until dusk though that the mosquitos really get going.
- It can be helpful to bring teaching aids and equipment with you and take some time to familiarise yourself with them before you get here. Please bear in mind that you will need to be able to demonstrate how to use things to children with special needs who know little, if any, English. That said, it's amazing what you can achieve with a little creativity and a lot of enthusiasm!
- Friday is games and sports day at the School, so footballs, skipping ropes and games like Twister are also much-valued.